The reliable 3-way dimmer switch allows you to control lamps from two positions in one space. However, the 3 way dimmer switch is far beyond this range, and the 3 way dimmer switch provides users with remote access, voice control, setting schedules and other functions. This guide introduces you to 6 kinds of 3-way dimmer switches. Let’s have a look.
- Simple installation
- Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri voice controls
- Supports dimmable LED, CFP and incandescent
- Light schedules can adjust to seasons
- Wall Plates included
- Power failure can set outlets to full OFF
- Smart bridge required for app or voice control through virtual assistants
One of the best things about Lutron caseta intelligent lighting dimmer switch and this 3-way dimmer switch is the homekit compatibility of this 3-way dimmer switch, which is not available for most devices in this list.
With its wireless remote control, this 3-way dimmer switch can easily install new 3-way lighting at home because no additional wiring is required.
If you are upgrading an existing 3-way dimmer, just use the installation kit provided to terminate one of the switches and replace it with a wireless remote control.
With this 3-way dimmer switch, you can easily extend your control over lighting fixtures and get the benefits of connectivity through mobile applications and virtual assistants.
This 3-way dimmer switch can be used with various types of bulbs, such as incandescent or halogen lamps (300W), dimmable LED lamps (100W) or dimmable CFL bulbs.
C by GE Smart Switch Dimmer
- Easy to install, even with wiring requirements
- App allows for scheduling, scene-setting, and regular functions
Easy to understand user-manual
- Offers control over light bulbs even when OFF when paired with GE smart bulbs
- Smart switches can connect wirelessly to afford control of a single fixture through multiple switches
- Losing wireless connectivity may lead to a lower dimmer setting
The switch itself has not changed much in design compared with previous generations, V including a push button for turning on or off lighting and a paddle for adjusting dimming.
You can install the C by GE dimmer switch step by step by following the procedure by reading the concise manual of this 3-way dimmer switch (guidance video is also available).
All you need is a cross screwdriver, pointed nose pliers and a voltage tester.
The good news is that most buyers report that the actual installation of this 3-way dimmer switch switch is relatively easy and does not require much effort. However, it is strongly recommended that you read all safety instructions carefully before attempting to install.
In addition, this 3-way dimmer switch can be connected wirelessly to each other, which means that you can use multiple switches to adjust a single lamp (even if this 3-way dimmer switch is connected to a separate circuit).
In general, this 3-way dimmer switch is ideal for those who want to upgrade lighting without spending too much.
Leviton Smart Dimmer Switch 3 Way
- Works with CFL, LED, and incandescent light bulbs
- 5-year guarantee
- User-manual with wiring diagrams and instructions
- Smart switch features bright bar for manual dimming
- Can function with low-wattage light sources
- Requires neutral wiring
- Installation may prove complicated for some users
This 3-way dimmer switch has a user manual with charts and instructions to help you complete the whole process.
In addition, although many users have no problem making this 3-way dimmer switch by themselves, the comments of one or two buyers talked about complexity. That’s why if you’re a novice or think you won’t be able to handle the wiring of this switch – you’d better leave the work of this 3-way dimmer switch to the electrician.
In terms of specifications, levion dw6hd meets the standards of all the latest smart switches.
This 3-way dimmer switch provides users with complete control of their lighting fixtures through the Leviton application (no hub is required), which allows you to create lighting schedules, turn off automatically, and a vacation mode that provides random lighting.
You can also adjust the voice of the smart switch through virtual assistants (such as Alexa, Google assistant, ifttt, August, smartthings, etc.). Finally, this 3-way dimmer switch has an amazing 5-year guarantee in case of problems.
Tessan 3 Way Smart Dimmer Switch
- Lifetime technical support via customer care team
- Brightness indicating lights on the master switch
- Automatic scheduling via Smart Life app
- Installation assistance through Tessan customer care
- Compatible with multiple bulbs
- Neutral wiring required for installation
This 3-way dimmer switch produced by tessan does require neutral wiring. The first step is to install the main switch according to the diagrams and instructions detailed in the user’s Guide. Then instruct the buyer to check the wiring of this 3-way dimmer switch, and then connect the smart switch to your Wi Fi connection. The final step in this process involves pairing the control with a virtual assistant, such as Alexa or Google home.
This 3-way dimmer switch consists of two smart switches – a main switch and an additional switch; However, only the main switch contains a brightness indicator feedback light.
This 3-way dimmer switch is used for 2.4GHz Wi Fi connection and is incompatible with 5g. In addition, you can also use up to 150W dimmable LED or 400W CFL / incandescent bulb in this product. This 3-way dimmer switch provides lifelong technical support to buyers through its customer team and promises to respond within 24 hours.
GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer
- Remote access via smartphone (app) and voice commands
- Connects four switches to a single device
Auto line/load sensing terminals
- Dual offset ground ports
- Compatible with (dimmable) CFL, LED (300W), incandescent, and halogen bulbs
- Requires a Z-Wave hub to operate
The three-way intelligent dimmer of this 3-way dimmer switch is equipped with simplewire technology, including automatic line / load sensing terminals and double offset grounding ports, which helps to simplify the whole installation process. Although the installation of this 3-way dimmer switch requires neutral wiring, the quickfit design greatly simplifies your life by leaving enough space in the junction box for wiring.
Gosund 3 Way Light WiFi Switch
- Easy setup
- Consider the Insteon Hub for maximum features
- The manual that comes with the switch is not that great I suggest to download the full manual from Insteon
- Don`t buy a used device (used smart switches can cause problems for a new user)
- Some reports of problem with led light dimming( make sure the led is dimmable)