Do you know does Google Nest work with Alexa? The Amazon Echo speaker can be voice-controlled using your Nest device and Alexa, yes.
You can easily control your smart home after syncing Nest with Alexa. Here’s how to connect Alexa with Nest.
Does Google Nest Work With Alexa?
You actually can connect a Nest thermostat to Alexa.
You can add the Google Nest skill to your Amazon mobile app if you’ve switched from a Nest account to a Google account, according to Google. That will connect some Nest products, like the thermostat, with Alexa. But all that is supported are voice commands.
To turn the heat up or down, for instance, Alexa could be used instead of Google. It’s also possible to switch the heat, air conditioning, etc. off or on. In essence, this merely transfers voice commands from one platform to another. There are no ways to use an Amazon device as a trigger event and have something happen on a Google Nest device, as Michael wants to do.
But all hope is not lost. We suggest that Micheal enable “Home/Away mode” in his Using its integrated sensors, the Google Nest app will reduce the amount of time before the device changes modes. When you leave the house, the thermostat will enter Away mode much faster because Home/Away mode uses phone location data.
Read More: Why Is Alexa Red?
How to Connect Nest Devices With Alexa
1. Open the Alexa app on your Android or iPhone.
2. In the upper left corner, tap the three lines.
3. On the menu that pops up, tap “Skills & Games.”
4. On the menu that pops out, tap “Skills & Games.”
5. Tap the magnifying glass icon at the top, and type “Nest” into the search bar. (You can be more specific to save time, using, for example, “Nest Thermostat” instead.)
6. Once you have located the correct “skill” for the device in question, tap “ENABLE TO USE” and enter your login info as prompted, then tap to allow the connection.
7. Now tap “Discover Devices” and your The Nest device and Alexa will be linked and ready for voice control.
Also Read: How To Get Alexa To Control Lights?